A bite-sized online learning opportunity where you can discover how to build relationships from a place of care and confidence.
We all undertake mandatory child protection training, but wouldn’t it be nice to have the confidence and practical skills to support the families we work with during challenging situations?
Emma Langham, Founding Director and Principal Clinical Psychologist at The Jacaranda Centre, shares her experience in childhood developmental trauma, and how you can build relationships from a place of care and trust.
During this one-hour online session, you will learn:
- How to identify the different types of abuse and the signs that a child may be at risk of harm
- What to do when you observe potential abuse indicators
- How to ask children open and closed questions
- How to take appropriate action after identifying concerns about a child’s welfare
- What to include in a formal report and how to document your concerns
- How to navigate your professional obligations and boundaries within this area