An online learning opportunity presented by Brianna Miluk – The Paediatric Feeding SLP, where you can kick-start your learning journey with a comprehensive overview of fundamental feeding assessments and treatments, encompassing a broad range of disorders and situations.
This workshop replay will take you through the process of completing a comprehensive paediatric feeding assessment to develop functional targeted outcomes for children aged six months old through to early adolescents.
Through presentation, demonstrations, and case-based learning; you will learn beyond the basics of bedside evaluations, including common related diagnoses and how to complete a functional oral motor exam, as well as key intervention philosophies that guide strategies in treatment. Oral, pharyngeal, and oesophageal domains will be included, with a focus placed on ensuring practice application is achieved.
Upon completion of this online course you will feel confident and empowered to assess and treat paediatric feeding and swallowing disorders.
Upon completion of this workshop replay, you will be able to:
- Describe the four domains of paediatric feeding disorders
- Explain how to perform a comprehensive feeding and swallowing evaluation
- List signs and symptoms for referring to another discipline
- Apply three intervention philosophies to treatment strategies
- Identify three treatment strategies to support feeding skills progress
Please note that the course content will be available once the live event has concluded (from 15 March 2024).